Monday, March 26, 2012

Morning of my first day at school.

Today will be my first Monday of the next year of teaching I will do. I'm very excited to be able to wake up feeling positive and confident, even though I keep waking up at 5:30am (1:30pm west coast). I feel very comfortable in my new house and familiar with my neighborhood surroundings. Today, I will go to the general hospital for a physical so that I can register for my Alien Registration Card number. My ARC will allow me to get a bank account and a cell phone.

Last night I was able to talk to some friends and family members via Skype and that helped make me feel more secure with my distance from you all. Skype is a blessing!

As far as this morning goes, in preparation I think I may go for a jog. Eat some yummy pastries I bought and pick out a very nice conservative "teacher" outfit. I absolutely CANNOT wait to meet my students. They will be ages 5-7(KOR), which is 3-5(USA). TODDLERS!! Eeeeek! :) In the afternoon I will observe the older kids, at ages 7-11(USA). This week I am shadowing the other foreign teacher and will watch him run his class, so that on Monday I can pick up where he left off!

Cheers to excitement and first days of school!

Here's lookin' at you, Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment